This is such an important yet underrated scene.
An asexual and pansexual become room-mates and have wacky adventures
The show is called ‘All or Nothing’
Plot twist: the asexual is really super outgoing and is a huge flirt while the pansexual is extremely socially awkward and has trouble ordering coffee let alone getting a date.
my hand slipped
“In 1921, early suffragettes often donned a bathing suit and ate pizza in large groups to annoy men…it was a custom at the time”
The Human Brain
The first time I held a human brain in Anatomy Lab I was completely speechless. I looked at my classmates expecting a similar reaction and they looked back at me confused like…”dude let’s start identifying the structures.” I had to take a step back and let it process…in my hands was someone’s entire life. From start to finish, every memory, every emotion, every bodily control…was right there in my hands.
- take a walk in the snow in your bare feet.
- light a cigarette and watch it burn; don’t smoke it.
- put on all your favorite clothes. layer them. look at the way they look on you.
- appreciate your body.
- smell your plants, even if they’re not flowers. water them, love them the way you want to be love. love them the way they want to be loved.
- remember you are one person now but there are so many people you can be.
- close your eyes and play a favorite song in your head.
- paint your nails then take the paint off. look at the bits left behind, imagine those as your problems, over time, you will scratch them off; they will disappear.
- pick a leaf off a tree, hold it, cry because you hurt it, but then remember it will forgive you, remember that you will always be forgiven. remember to forgive yourself.
- love yourself.
- love the freckles on your left cheek, the stretches on your toes, the scars on your wrist.
- love yourself."
from Jessica Valenti’s He’s a Stud, She’s a Slut and 49 Other Double Standards Every Woman Should Know.
I wish I had read this a couple years back because this was my life.